2017 Summer Internship Position Open
We’re Hiring! Interested in interning with The Keller Group team this summer? The Keller Group’s internship program is designed to give advanced college students and recent graduates the opportunity to experience the diverse and fast-paced world of the public relations and public affairs consulting business.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on a variety of public relations and public affairs projects. Applicants with strong digital marketing & social media experience are strongly encouraged to apply. One of the main responsibilities for this year’s intern will be running and growing The Keller Group’s social media accounts.
Regularly occurring tasks could include:
- Assisting account managers on a diverse array of marketing, social media and PR projects
- Supporting account managers in creating press releases, media advisories and strategic communication plans
- Helping draft and distribute story pitches, earning mentions in print, broadcast and online media outlets
- Assisting with the copywriting and editing of various clients’ backgrounders, fact sheets and other collateral
- Researching potential new clients and media trends in various industries as they relate to current clients
- Writing blog entries and developing social media content for both The Keller Group and our clients
- Tracking media coverage and preparing media reports for clients
Duration: The Keller Group internship is a part-time commitment that lasts approximately three months. Start/end dates are flexible, but typically align with summer vacation and school quarters.
Compensation: Interns are paid a monthly stipend and can receive academic credit.
Requirements: Applicants to our internship program should have the following basic skills and qualities:
- A degree or degree in progress in public relations, communication, journalism or English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Be highly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously while on a deadline
- Be a self-starter who takes directions well and is comfortable in a fast-paced and exciting work environment
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume, published writing samples (if any) and references to Sarah Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the date on which you are interested in starting.