2022 Summer Internship Position Open
We’re Hiring an intern! Interested in working with The Keller Group? The Keller Group’s internship program is designed to give advanced college students and recent graduates the opportunity to experience the diverse and fast-paced world of the public relations and public affairs consulting business.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on a variety of public relations, public affairs, and crisis communications projects. Applicants with strong digital marketing, public relations & social media experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Regularly occurring tasks could include:
- Assisting account managers and CEO on a diverse array of marketing, social media, and PR projects
- Supporting account managers in creating press releases, media advisories, and strategic communication plans
- Helping draft and distribute story pitches, earning mentions in print, broadcast, and online media outlets
- Assisting with the copywriting and editing of various clients’ backgrounders, fact sheets, and other collateral
- Researching potential new clients and media trends in various industries as they relate to current clients
- Writing blog entries and developing social media content for both The Keller Group and our clients
- Tracking media coverage and preparing media reports for clients
Duration: The Keller Group internship is a part-time commitment. Start/end dates are flexible but typically align with school quarters and vacation.
Compensation: Interns are paid a monthly stipend and can receive academic credit.
Requirements: Applicants to our internship program should have the following basic skills and qualities:
- A degree or degree in progress in public relations, communication, journalism,e or political science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient at Word, Excel, and other business communication systems
- An understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Be highly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously while on a deadline
- Be a self-starter who takes directions well and is comfortable in a fast-paced and exciting work environment
- Doesn’t worry about “clocking in and out” but wants to learn alongside our experienced CEO!
- Ability to design collateral a plus
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume, published writing samples (if any), and references to Lee Keller at [email protected]. Please specify the date you would be available for an internship.