Good news! The Keller Group is looking for an intern to join our ranks for the next few months. If you think you’ve got what it takes or know someone who does, send your resume, writing samples and any references to Oliver McIntosh and he’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible – check out all the details below!
The Keller Group Internship Program â€“ Spring 2013
The Keller Group internship program is designed to give advanced college students and recent graduates the opportunity to experience the diverse and fast-paced world of the public relations and public affairs consulting business.
About The Keller Group
The Keller Group is a full service public relations and public affairs company with offices in Redmond, Washington. We offer a wide range of services to clients including general media relations, public affairs, crisis management, media training and other creative services. Our clients include The Museum of Flight, Overlake Medical Center, Turner Construction, The Medic One Foundation, WGU Washington and Charles Simonyi. For more information visit www.thekellergroup.com
Internship job description
The intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of public relations and public affairs projects. Some examples of regularly occurring tasks include:
· Assist the account manager and president on a diverse array of marketing/social media/PR projects
· Support the account manager and president in creating press releases, media advisories and news updates
· Help draft story pitches and earn mentions in print, broadcast and online media outlets
· Assist with the copywriting and editing of various clientsâ€™ Web sites, backgrounders, fact sheets and other collateral
· Provide background research on potential new clients, current clientsâ€™ competitors and research media coverage and media trends for various industries relating to clients
· Write blog entries, tweets, and Facebook updates for The Keller Group and various clients
· Track media coverage and prepare media reports
The Keller Group internship is a part-time commitment that lasts approximately three months.
The intern is paid a monthly stipend and can receive academic credit.
Applicants should have the following basic skills and qualities:
· A degree or degree in progress in public relations, communication, journalism or English
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· An understanding of the social media universe (Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc.)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, other general consumer PC applications and e-mail
· Highly organized in juggling multiple projects simultaneously while on a deadline
· Must be a self-starter who takes directions well and who is comfortable in a fast-paced and exciting work environment
The Keller Group office is located in Redmond, Washington approximately 15 miles east of downtown Seattle and only minutes from the campuses of Microsoft and Nintendo of America. The office is a block from a major bus terminal and parking around the building is free.
The Keller Group
8250 165th Avenue NE, Suite 208
Redmond, WA 98052
Phone: (425) 898-2700
Fax: (425) 898-2727
Please send your resume, writing samples and references to Oliver McIntosh.
Please specify the dates you will be available.